The ICZ strives to provide resources and networking and training opportunities for zoo employees in developing regions aswell as support de development of new regional zookeeping associations.
Since 2006 the ICZ has provided sholarships to help zoo employees from developing regions to attend the ICZ congresses:
- 2006 – Gold Coast, Australia: two sholarships from two countries (Nepal, Philippines).
- 2009 – Seattle, United States: seven scholarships from four countries (Colombia, France, Philippines and India).
- 2012 – Singapore, Singapore: six scholarships from six countries (India, Mexico, Taiwan, Philippines, France and Uganda).
- 2015 – Leipzig, Germany: four scholarships from four countries (Uganda, Nigeria, Philippines and Argentina).
- 2018 -Buenos Aires, Argentina: twelve scholarships from eight countries (Cuba, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Columbia, Peru, Bolivia and Mexico).
Support the devolpment of new associations
The ICZ has provided assitance in the devolpment of the following regional zookeeping associations:
- Animal Keepers and Trainers Association of the Philippines (AKTAP), Philippines
- Animal Keepers Association of Africa (AKAA), Africa
- Asociacion Grupo Argentino Cuidadores de Animales Silvestres (GACAS), Argentina
- Associação Brasileira dos Tratadores de Animais Silvestres (ABTAS), Brazil
- Associazione Italiana Guardiani di Zoo (AIGZOO), Italy
- ZooCentral, Denmark
If you are planning to create a new regional association and would like the assistance of the ICZ, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.